FirstLight On Demand Limited (“we/us/our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy (together with our Terms of Website Use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting our website via www.firstlightlondon.com (the “Website”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is FirstLight Cycle Westfield Limited, with company number 10017687 of International House, 24 Holborn Viaduct, City Of London, London EC1A 2BN.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give to us by becoming a member, filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by telephone, email or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, create an account with us or book a class and may include your name, address, a chosen password, email address, phone number, date of birth and/or billing details.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including but not limited to the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit using Google Analytics or any other web analytics service, including without limitation the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), classes or pages on the Website that you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use or may use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log in to secure areas of our Website, such as our account pages.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website and keep you logged in and store your shopping basket either for a user session or perpetually. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and/or remember your preferences (for example, your preferred locations, classes and times).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Website, the classes you have shown interest in or booked. We may use this information to direct you to particular content.
It is possible to block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, please note that if you block all cookies you may not be able to book classes or access all or parts of our Website.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already used, purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our classes or the goods and services we offer;
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes, Google Analytics or similar;
- to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about classes, goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Selected third parties including:
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If FirstLight On Demand Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). If that is the case, it will be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Alternatively, all information you provide to us will be stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be processed and kept secure by our carefully chosen third party service provider.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Changes to our privacy and cookies policy
Any changes we make to his Privacy and Cookies Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy and Cookies Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to [email protected].